The Dainty Doll goes to Cebu and Bohol!

Last Friday, our plane landed on the grounds of Mactan International Airport. It was our 3 days and 2 nights escape from the busy world of Manila. On our first day in Cebu, we had so much fun..... sleeping in the hotel. Haha. We were tired even if it was just a 40 minute ride. I mean, we woke up last friday at 2 am just to prepare our stuff and I guess we deserve a "little" rest in the hotel. On our second day, we took a tour in Bohol and on our last day, we were back in Cebu but again, there wasn't much that we've done that day. Here are my photos of the said trip:

Ninoy Aquino International Airport terminal 3
Early flight at Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Terminal 3)

Mandaue City

Crown Regency Hotel Cebu
 At Crown Regency Hotel

Crown Regency Hotel Cebu View
 View from the hotel

Cebu Dried Seafood Market



















We weren't able to have a tour in Cebu so we headed to the market instead. We searched for these "tuyo", "pusit", and sea urchins as requested by my father's office-mates. Can you see that place-mat like on the left side? Those are little fish that undergone a weird drying process. Pretty cool huh? :)

Cafe Glo Restaurant Cebu

Cafe Glo Restaurant Cebu



















Cafe Glo Restaurant. They serve a yummy breakfast buffet.


2GO Ferry Cebu
 Second day: Bohol. It was my first time to ride a ferry! I told myself before that the last thing I would ever want to do is to have a ferry ride. I don't think my swimming skills are enough to save me from a capsized ferry in the middle of the ocean. I was hesitant and a little scared in the beginning, but when I saw the peaceful ocean and the warm morning sun, I was relieved.

Bohol Souveneir
 Okay. That's not the little creature that goes "my precioussss....." in the Lord of the Rings, that's a tarsier necklace that was given to us when we arrived in the Port of Tagbilaran. I think it's cute, don't you think? :)

Panglao Bohol



















On our way to our first destination, we passed by this beautiful scenery, a part of the Panglao Island, if I am right.

Baclayon Church



















Baclayon Church in Bohol, one of the oldest churches in the Philippines.

Tarsier Sanctuary Bohol
 Welcome to the Tarsier Sanctuary!

Tarsier Sanctuary Bohol
 There were only about 10 tarsiers in the sanctuary, and only 4 of them are the visible ones during that time. Tarsiers are nocturnal and can travel up to 1 kilometer at night just to look for food. YOU CANNOT TOUCH THEM, nor PUT THEM IN A CAGE as they tend to become suicidal when stressed.

On the first sight, it looks like a tree with a snake wrapped around the trunk. Or if you're as a crazy thinker like me, it looks like the tree ate the snake.

Floating Restaurant Loboc River in Bohol
 By lunch we were already starving. Our tourist guide took us to the famous Floating Restaurant in Loboc River. The mini trip was breath taking. Such a beautiful place.

Floating Restaurant Loboc River in Bohol
 Fascinating view....

Floating Restaurant Loboc River in Bohol
 We saw this small cottage with people obviously wearing yellow clothes. I was thinking that it's a school, but it's not.

Floating Restaurant Loboc River in Bohol
 Falls are spotted at the end of the route! Cool!

Floating Restaurant Loboc River in Bohol
 Another cottage, but this time, people are wearing blue clothes. I've found out that it wasn't a school....

 They've been waiting for us because they prepared a song and dance number! We were so touched. It is true that Boholanos are music lovers. :")




















A photo of dogs that I spotted beside the cottage. It's weird, I don't know why they're all there, they look like guardians of the water to me.


Chocolate Hills Bohol



















Our next stop was the Chocolate Hills. This photo isn't the main location yet. But on our way there, these hills appeared one by one, like giving us a sneak peak of what's yet to be seen.


Chocolate Hills Bohol
 And finally.... the Chocolate Hills. According to the legend, those hills are the tears of a giant who was devastated after killing the woman he loves without him knowing it. It's really amazing how all these hills were formed (scientifically). These hills remind me of the Hobbits' houses in the Lord of the Rings or  how it looked similar to Teletubbies' little homes. Hahaha.

Chocolate Hills Bohol


Chocolate Hills BoholMan Made Forest Bohol
Our last destination was the Man-Made Forest. You might think that it's just an ordinary forest. But if you were actually there, you would think that you're in the movie of Twilight. Awesome view.

Magellan's Cross Cebu
 On our third day, we went to mass to another old church in Cebu. Just across that church is the locally famous Magellan's Cross.



That was the end of our Cebu and Bohol trip. I hope to travel more with my family. I've seen so many good places in the Philippines. This is the second time that I've documented my trip to different places. I'll definitely add more in the future! Thanks for viewing my blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment